Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dhul Hijjah activities

Alhamdulillah this was the first time we did some activities around Hajj theme. I told RA that the first ten days of dhul hijjah are the best ten days of the year. So when you do good deeds you will get more rewards from Allah (SWT). To motivate her, we made another good deed tree. But this time we just printed the tree from Smart Ark site. It was actually Ramadan counting tree. So we cut the printed tree and pasted it on another paper. Every time she did something good, she got some apples on her tree.


I printed a Hijri calendar from TJ site and wrote down 1-10 and let RA put a sticker as we were passing the days. 


We revised the names of twelve Islamic months. To make slight variation, I printed the month’s cards from here.


Those who have seen our last post know that we did some activities on pillars of Islam. We took all five rolling papers and then attached them with string and tape.


We spelled the word hajj in Arabic and English. 


We spelled the word with playdough and RA decorated it. Later that day I asked her how to spell the word ‘hajj’. She said it correctly, Alhamdulillah.















We also picked the Arabic letters to write Dhul hijjah.


Here is our Hajj bulletin board. All the materials were taken from the IBB website. I told her what people do at Hajj. Her mama (uncle) went to hajj this year Alhamdulillah. So it was very easy to talk about it. Like on 10 Dhul Hijjah, I told her that your mama would sacrifice today.


And Alhamdulillah we managed some time to make a Hajj lapbook. I didn’t have to do anything except cutting and pasting the papers since all the materials were ready. Big jazakallahu khair to sis Umm Abdul Bashir for kindly providing us with her Hajj lapbook resourses.

I got the cover page from google image.


Dhul Hijjah spelling tab which RA loved to spell.










Two tot books: The colors of Hajj and the ABC’s of Hajj.



















Hajj counting 1,2,3


Animals for Dhabh.










And this is the miniature version of our hajj bulletin board. All the rites of hajj came under five small round-shaped flap books.


And after all these came EID day. We bought two gifts and hid them until Eid day. Hubby blew up some balloons for them before the Eid day and they had so much fun with them. Before rushing towards the Eid prayer, I put their gifts in our living room and surrounded them by some balloons. RA was so happy to get the new LEGO set. She was asking for a building set which has different types of parts (like people, window, door, etc.) which would allow her to build many things she likes, not just plain and normal blocks like the older one. RNA got a pop up car and played with it for few minutes and then lost interest as usual.


1 comment:

  1. Assalaamu Alaikum!

    Masha Allaah that was a lot of interesting activities. Well done all of you!

    ReplyDelete