Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Week 12: Allah sees everything

It seems no matter how hard I try to update blog immediately after one week’s lessons I am always way behind. Last week I felt like I was gonna make it this time. But you know what? Now I am two weeks behind. Now-a-days writing at weekend seems almost impossible, and at weekdays I could hardly close my eyes at day time. So when it is night I don’t have any energy left for blogging. The biggest problem I feel is that my two kids don’t take nap at the same time. As a matter of fact RA does not take nap most of the day. I think we need a serious change in our routine. May Allah (SWT) give us barakah in our time and work. Ameen.

Here is what we did in week 12. Our lessons were based on the fact that Allah (SWT) sees everything. No matter how tiny a thing is, it cannot go unnoticed by our Lord. I asked her if she could see what her cousins in another country are doing right now. Nope. Who can see? Allah swt certainly can. I told her we should always thank Allah because He has given us two eyes to see. Alhamdulillah we are so blessed! Can you imagine your life without eyes? We did some activities related to sense of sight. I put some crayons on her table. I took a scarf and blind folded her, and asked her if she could tell what color of crayon I was holding. To my surprise she could tell all. How? Then I used the same scarf and blindfolded my eyes. Hmm.. thats why, I could see all things with the tiny hole. We couldn’t get the chance to use other scarf because she was not feeling very comfortable with the whole thing. So we played the game with our eyes closed. And you know what I also felt soooo blessed for our precious eyes. Alhamdulillah.

We played another game. I asked her if she could she what I see. We used to play this game when we were little. Once RA got hold of the game she enjoyed it very much.
We made this binocular and she absolutely loved it. I helped her with coloring and pasting the paper. She even managed to hang it as a backpack.

Once again sis umm An Numan’s minibook was a great help.










 RA cut and made those words Alhamdulillah.


 She wrote those words except the part “am a girl”.


A little story she enjoyed and a spy game she liked to play.


RA colored my itsy bitsy five senses mini book


Pillars of Islam:
We have learned about five pillars of Islam very briefly. We watched this presentation. I explained her what actually a pillar is and what a pillar is able to do, that is like holding something up. We colored the names of five pillars and we rolled them up and made them stand like pillars.










This project was the simplistic version of the arts and crafts project which I found here. We put this “pillars of Islam” poster on our bulletin board and planned to keep it on the wall for a long time.


 Then RA did this sorting game.










All the materials related to pillars of Islam were taken from TJ site. They have more activities for older kids including beautiful pillars of Islam mobile.

Asmaul Husnah:
RA colored two more names of Allah swt – Al-Baseer and Ar-Raqeeb.










Dua of the week:
RA was memorizing the dua for entering into the mosque.

Stories of the Prophets:
We read these two books about Prophet Yusuf Alyhissalam. Those books came from her nanumoni in the Eid gift package. Those books are bilingual version of stories of the Quran for the kids. We didn’t do any activities so we are planning to continue this next week inshaAllah.

1 comment:

  1. Its so wonderful to see RA progressing so well Allaahu baarik laha! She has come so far within few weeks subhanallaah! You are indeed doing a wonderful Job. please take some time for yourself and recharge yourself, it is very important. I can understand what you say, sometimes I want to drink water for hours but keep forgetting cos there seem to be something or the other one after other lol, masha Allaah! Just ways and means to accumulate rewards Insha Allaah! Take it easy and find some time for yourself Insha Allaah! Barakallaah Feekum!

    ReplyDelete