Saturday, December 31, 2011

Week 15: Allah gave me a house to live

I found it very helpful when somebody else had already done the lessons we were planning to do. I didn’t have to browse much for some activities as they all provided the links. Before every lesson I first searched for what sis umm maimoonah did. If found, I also showed it to RA and she wanted to do what Maimoonah did. Jazakallahu khair sister, you not only have developed the curriculum, but also have shown us how to implement it.
This week’s topic was pretty interesting. The books we borrowed from the library made our lessons even more interesting. Especially RA loved to see the following book-houses in many different shapes.
We also learnt house can be built with so many materials - mud, grass, wood pole, and even from ice.


I told RA that it’s a great blessing that we have a house. So many people are homeless. At this cold winter, many people have no option but to live on the street. Some people have houses, yet they have no protection from cold and wind. So we should always thank our Lord, the Almighty Allah SWT.
We made this cute little house. Materials were taken from here.











This week’s minibook “Allah gave me house to live in” covers many sides, including some activities.


RA usually likes book with lots of activities. And I love it because it makes her think.









Animals do need a home.


This was fun to count some of the blessings mentioned in this book.


I wrote down the word first, and then she helped me paste the word pieces.


Here is the floor plan of our house. She even drew a floor plan of her imaginary cat’s house. Now she knows that floor plan is bird’s eye view.










She also did these worksheets on house. We took those from sis umm Un-Numan’s site.











Dua of the week:










RA memorized the duas  for entering and leaving home long time ago when we did the lesson "remember Allah throughout your day". This week we talked about some etiquette of entering somebody's room and house.

Asmaul Husnah:
We learnt two more beautiful names of Allah(SWT)
Al Mannan (the Beneficial Giver  of bounties) and Al Mu’tee (The Giver)


Arabic alphabets:
Last week we read three letters with fatha. This week we covered rest of the letters Alhamdulillah. RA also tried to say what the following words sound like.

Stories of prophets:
We read two books about Prophet Musa alyhissalam.

No comments:

Post a Comment