RA learnt the English alphabets without much effort Alhamdulillah. So I decided to introduce the lower case alphabets too. we learnt 8 alphabets that week. She knew some lower case alphabets since she started reading some books just about alphabets. I am planning to get those books from the library again. Few days ago we read a book called Make words with duck and she learnt quite a few from there including lower case ‘g’. But this week when I was showing her lower case flashcards she couldn’t recognize ‘g’. Then I took the book and realized why she couldn’t do that. It was written in a different font. So I am going to make those flash cards again inshaAllah using that font also. I found this link quite helpful.You can make your flashcard the way you want. So here we were reading the book again and RA was trying to identify the letters she just learnt.
She was more than excited when we first read the book as every new book gives her that joy. Whenever she gets a new book, she keeps asking us until we read that book to her. But I guess reading books with pointing letters is less interesting! So I decided not to go so fast. And also try to make it more enjoyable. We learnt the word jog and we were jogging around the place like the duck. She surely liked that.
We are progressing a little slower than my expectation since RNA is not cooperating all the time. He likes to sit on the book. We tried giving him another book. But it didn’t work. He wants that same one we read. Other day I was thinking how to work out this problem. RA said “I have an idea ammu”. Idea? Hmmm...pretty amusing ! So what’s that idea? “We can play while RNA is asleep”, she said. That’s my girl! I was thinking about some quality learning time and she was planning for some extra play time.
No comments:
Post a Comment