Friday, April 1, 2011

week 1 - Allah is my Lord

We are following the Islamic curriculum outlined by sister Ummmaimoonah with some adding or subtracting according to RA’s ability. We have started the Aqeeda book by Moosaa Richardson. I read and ask questions to her while she was playing or doing other things. I was looking for something to teach her about our deen. This book makes it a lot easier with some simple questions and answers a little child can easily understand. Last week we learnt who Allah (swt) is and what He has created. As a continuation of that, last week we cut and paste the words Allah and decorated it. First I thought that I would print the word so she could color it. But then I changed my mind because my freelance artist is less interested in coloring inside of a picture or word. She doesn’t want to be restricted in narrow boundary rather happy to go boundless and pouring colors all over the page. So we gathered all the items we need on the table first. RA didn’t want her car to miss the project and insisted on keeping her car beside her on another chair. So finally when we were ready to do our work, RNA woke up.  I took a short break and came back and found her mixing two glue sticks together. I told her to found the letters to make the word Allah. I helped her finding the letter ‘h’ and she found the rest of the letters. We used her alphabet puzzle pieces as a stencil and cut those letters using different color papers. I helped her sticking them on the paper.


Some final touches to our work..


She got a candy after that as a gift for her patience and cooperation (forget that part when she glued two other papers together). I was telling RNA to look what RA was doing. She was eating a candy. She said “nope I have not done opening that yet” to be precise.

She also colored some pictures with the letter alif. We learnt four letters this week Alhamdulillah. Every time I asked her she got confused about ‘taa’ and ‘thaa’ just like letters ‘b’ and‘d’. So I told her that which one has two eyes to look at you is taa. MashaAllah it helped her to distinguish them.



2 comments:

  1. Assalaamu Alaikum!

    Masha Allaah well done! Cute poster and by the way how old is your daughter?

    Looking forward for your activities and adventures Insha Allaah!

    Jazzakillaah Khayr for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. walaykum salam sis. jazakallahu khair for your comments. you and your daughter inspired us so much.my daughter has turned 3 in January. we always wait for your new post.

    ReplyDelete