Monday, April 25, 2011

Week 2- different concepts


Our 2nd week preschool curriculum includes some basic idea about different positions in space. While we were doing our minibook, we talked about “above” and “below”. I told her the roof is above us, the sky is above the house and Allah (swt) is above everything. Next was ‘over and under’. I put her toy camera on the table and some blocks under her stool and asked her to tell me their right positions.



 I was asking her about everything in that room. Where is the ball? Where is the paper? Where are the crayons? etc. Sometimes she kept saying “here it is”. For a brief period she took my role and started asking me questions. Earlier she was coloring the Arabic letter ‘yaa’, now she put it upside down and asked “where is the yaa? Where is the scissor?” I told her to close her eyes and put her block box in front her. I asked her to guess if it is behind or in front of her.  Guess what? She got it alright, Alhamdulillah.
Three books about opposites, we borrowed last week became so handy now.


 I read all the opposites things in those books and showed her with real things. When we read about “open” and “close”, I opened the door and then closed. Then we read up and down. She was sitting on the table. She said “I am up now” and “now I am down” jumping down from the table. mashaAllah she was able to comprehend the connections between words in the book and the things in the real world. So far we learnt the following opposites-
Above –below, high- low, up – down, over – under, fast – slow, in –out, on-off, big-small, tall-short, Heavy-light, day-night, whisper-shout, weak-strong, right-wrong, hot-cold, young-old, wet-dry.
 

















She did some worksheets too.


Writing about opposites has reminded me of an incident. RA has a recent tendency to gather lots of things in one place and she doesn’t want anybody to touch her treasures. Her treasures include almost any small things she finds interest in –from coin to corn cornel, you name it. Sometimes I feel so tired cleaning up those mess..sorry the treasure box. Few days ago, she gathered lots of things on a chair. When hubby was back home she was showing her treasures’ “abbu look, look.”
“Yeah, look at the mess”- I said, feeling so tired that I have to go through the cleaning process again.
RA, not bothered by my words said, “No, look at the cleeeeeeeeean”. MashaAllah she surely knows how to change word and what to say.



1 comment:

  1. Assalaamu Alaikum

    All this reminds me of Maimoonah 1 year ago! Subhanallaah and I can imagine the joy you are having right now. Barakallaah feekum!

    ReplyDelete