I could not update our progress in this section for a long time. But every week we try to do something about math and literature, no matter how little it is. Here is what we did in week 3 (we are in week 5 now). We read a bunch of books this week. Few of the books of this week..
RA read this book alone. No, she still does not know spelling. It’s a small book with less than ten sentences and same words coming again and again. She almost got it into her memory. It gave her a hope that she could read without anyone’s help Insha’Allah.
I printed some alphabets matching pages from here.
She could tell all of them except ‘ a’. ‘ a’??? After a long period of alphabet teaching she missed the first letter!!!! Yes, it’s ‘a’ and she missed it because it was written in different font (at least there was a reason for that-I tried to console myself ).
She traced letter ‘A’ with my help. I printed these pages from the same site, but hold that for a while as I felt like she was not ready for that yet. Since we were done with learning alphabets we moved toward writing. Her pencil grip is not still strong. She needs more practice.
Here is RA playing with her new math game cards. As you can see she is still confused about 6 and 9. Does anyone have any idea about how I can help her with that? We also read this book. It showed different tools used for measuring different things.
Masha Allaah I see that you have some lovely books with you.
ReplyDeleteInitially and sometimes even now Maimoonah is confused with 6 and 9. But I just tell her when she makes the mistake. Now she actually knows to count till 50 and with few mistakes she can go up to 100. The thing is she only gets confused when the 6 and 9 are alone. Meaning she knows its 26 and 29. So i guess do not push too much, when time passes and they do more activities they will learn and will not be confused Insha Allaah!
Assalamu alaykum sis
ReplyDeletejazakallahu khair for your suggestion.i also felt like that we should not give much time with 6 and 9, rather we should go forward.
by the way those are library's books. i am really happy about the library system here.