Monday, May 9, 2011

week 4-math and literacy

It’s been a while we got the book 'Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons. But it required parents some reading before starting lessons. I did that at a snail pace and finally we did our first and second lessons. 


Though this program wants us to sit 20 minutes every day, we were not consistent with that. I did it when RA was in mood. I tried to repeat the sounds she learnt all the time so that she did not forget it. At first RA didn’t want to sound m as ‘mmmmm’, rather she likes to say ‘aammm’. Alhamdulillah she understood it later as I told her cat does not make sound like cat. It says meow. M makes sound like mmm not amm. We watched this YouTube video and learnt different sounds the letters make. I wanted to make sure I was pronouncing them correctly, since English is not our native language and we don’t speak English at home. We also read these phonics books.


She traced m and I. Alhamdulillah I can see her getting more control over her pencil.










We read some easy readers’ books this week.


Other books we read this week-



RA did two math worksheets.



No comments:

Post a Comment