There are some days when RA is very enthusiastic about learning things. This week she told me she wanted to color letter ‘yaa’. Though it was not in this week’s curriculum, I was more than happy to print that for her. She colored two pictures and then lost interest. She started scratching the crayons with her nails, saying that she was giving those tiny foods to her imaginary cat. So I grabbed the Aqeeda book and asked her questions from there while she was feeding her cat. This week our topic was where Allah (swt) is. I tried to give her the concept of different positions which will be in detail in another post inshaAllah. Then I told her Allah (swt) is above the heavens. He is above everything. We watched the PowerPoint presentation on it. Every time the word “nooooooooooo” came she liked to say it aloud:). I will upload the presentation soon inshaAllah. I am still new in blogging, so please bear with me.
Later that week we color the book "where is Allaah?" printed from sister umm An-nauman’s blog. Jazakallahu khair sis for this little book, you made our lessons so easy. She liked the page ‘abi is at work’. Since there was no picture in that piece, she was glad that she finally got the chance to color the whole place.
I also introduced her fatha, kasra, and damma. I felt like she would be bored to do Arabic letters again when I would teach her fatha, kasra, and damma. I am not still sure if that was a right move. We also started learning Asmaul Husnah. So it took us a little extra time to organize materials since we didn’t start it at week 1. I don’t have all of them memorized, so inshaAllah we will learn them together. We learnt four beautiful names of Allah (swt). I explained to her “Al –Ala” and “Al –Alee.” We read 'Jameelah gets dressed' and 'Sheema's shopping spree' online from ad-duha digital library. And we made a number file folder game which you can find in detail in another post.
Here are our letters of the week…
Assalaamu Alaikum!
ReplyDeleteI am really enjoying your posts masha Allaah! Keep up the good work sis!