Alhamdulillah we made our first lapbook about human body. It took us soooooooo long time – so much cutting and pasting. I had to cut so many papers in one week I think I didn't do that in 2 or 3 whole months together. But Alhamdulillah it gave me an idea that I had to prepare all the printing and cutting things earlier, so that RA does not get tired asking me when we will finally finish our book. Every few hours she told me, “lets make the book now”. On Sunday hubby was happy to be a cook. So it gave us plenty of time to turn all the materials into a lap book form.
We read the whole book. We practiced all the exercises with A-Z alphabets. I asked the riddles and Alhamdulillah RA answered them all except the question-“I covered your whole body, what am I?” ‘Skin’ is a new term for her.
She also learnt some new things like all the animals do not have the same number of legs, how to take care of herself and steps of brushing teeth.
After answering the questions “I hear sound with these. What am I?,she said “ ammu you listen what I am saying. Helloooooooooo” After every answer we said Alhamdulillah for giving me two eyes, or two ears or whatever the answer was. I wanted to write them on our front page, but then it came to my mind that I wouldn’t be able to keep this book on a upper place all the time. I got all the materials from this site and inspiration from sis umm maimoona’s blog. Alhamdulillah I am learning so many things while homeschooling.
Assalaamu Alaikum!
ReplyDeleteOh thats wonderful! Yes indeed you got to cut everything and keep in ready in advance! They get really bored!
Well done all of you!