Monday, April 11, 2011

Letter recognition (part 3)



I wanted to teach RA 8 more letters this week. But she first wanted to play with all of those. So she started to arrange the flashcards and commanded them by saying “stay here and don’t go anywhere.”  RNA previously tore one of our flash cards and we taped it together. RA was not seemingly annoyed by this (quite considerate this time to my surprise) and said “RNA tore it because he didn’t understand it, when he will grow up he will say ‘this is I, this is Z, and he can also give food to cat”. First she was like an obedient student sitting on the floor and matching the uppercase and lowercase letters, and next she was pretending to be a frog hopping around and instructing me where a particular letter would go.




Alhamdulillah she got all the letters right except six. So I separated them and tucked them on the fridge so that she could see it every time she passes by inshaAllah.


 I don’t want any more alphabet lesson for her right now. I hope she will slowly catch up with all of them while we will start reading books inshaAllah. For reading, we are going to follow “DISTAR program” by Siegfried Engelmann inshaAllah. We have already ordered the book ‘Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons’ online. We first wanted to get this book from library, but the system (in the library) did not show it at first, so hubby came back with the book ‘Teach your child to read in 60 days’. Well this was surely not for us, but it was a nice and interesting read. Next time the library system cooperated and we put the book on hold. Meanwhile we read few alphabets books borrowed from the library. Friday I was so tired but had to read all of the alphabet books to RA. She wanted to read them at one sitting. Next day we made a reading tent and read those books again. She did some coloring also at the book nook. 
 









You need to come up with different ideas to inspire them to do things, don’t you? 

2 comments:

  1. Assalaamu Alaikum sis

    Masha Allaah she is so cute! I want to know more about your reading program so as you progress please do update Insha Allaah! Hope and pray it will be successful Insha Allaah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waalaykum salam sis..
    InshaAllah I will update our progress. We already got the book but it requires some reading before starting the lessons. I am doing this right now..but very slowly.i am also praying that Allah make it easy for us. ameen

    ReplyDelete