A week passed by without any blog update. Now I am almost at the end of another week but still finding it hard to manage some quiet time to write. Last week was a long week - two kids with fever and runny nose, food strike, temper tantrum, sleep deprivation and a tired mama. Alhamdulillah in the middle of all these we managed to finish our week 3 lessons.
RA started this week’s lessons coloring the minibook - ‘Allah created me’ printed from sis umm An-Numan’s blog. While she was coloring I was telling her what this book was all about. Why did Allah (swt) create us? I also explained her what worship means in an easy language-doing all the things the way Allah (swt) wants us to do from the moment you wake up to the moment you go to bed. Alhamdulillah By this time she memorized the verse “And I (Allah) created not the jinns and mankind except they should worship me.” She identified letters 'noon' and 'waa' from the verse, Alhamdulillah. This time she used coloring pencils and you can see the outcome clearly- color didn’t go outside of the picture. I told her to color the grass green. She suddenly stopped. “Let’s see if the grass is green” she peeked through the window and then back to coloring.:)
She was very careful this time and I appreciated her much and she gave me the return. She, not being happy to color inside a picture, took a white paper and colored the whole paper, then went to a wider space and colored the wall, and then she stopped. I think probably she couldn’t think of any wider space at that moment. She showed me that she used all the colors of rainbow on the wall. Isn’t it beautiful? It surely is, except the cleaning part.
While we were reviewing, she herself found some answers Alhamdulillah. Among all cutting pieces she found the Allah word and Al-Khaliq and Al-Musawwir in Arabic.
Here are our letters of the week. I taped them at the wall for my wall artist.
We watched the power point presentation "Allah created us."
We played the sorting game. You can find it here. Alhamdulillah After only one game she grasped the matter- how to differentiate between people, places, and things.
After this accomplishment I thought the next sorting game would be much easier. Who couldn’t differentiate between things made by Allah and human beings? So wrong was I!!! Kids’ perception is quite different. To give her a clear idea I made some extra cards, which had pictures of things she could see around her or at least she knows them well.I told her that all the things you see men made because Allah (swt) has given us intellect. We are different from other animals because we have intelligence. We can think and figure out how to make a thing. Otherwise we would not be able to make anything. Can a cow make a table? No. can a man make a table? Yes, because Allah has given us brain. I played the sorting game with her, then hubby played and finally she played it alone and put all the cards in the right boxes Alhamdulillah.
But I think she needs more practice. Since she already knew the cards she put them in right boxes. I have to try with other things also. Before starting the game I was placing all the cards on the table. Here is my conscious student’s remark, “ammu why are you putting cards on top of each other? Put them side by side, otherwise they will get hurt.”J
Asmaaul husna:
We learnt 3 more names of Allah (swt). I think she understood 2 names only-Al Khaliq and Al-Musawwir. Few days ago I was showing her surah Ikhlas in the computer and she pointed out the “Allah” word from there. It came to my mind that it would be beneficial if she sees the word in a verse while trying to teach her. So with every name I added a verse from the Quran. We pasted some pictures in our asmaul husnah book. I got this idea from sis umm mainoonah. It really helps them comprehend the names of Allah in a better way. We read the book “the shape of me and other stuff” which she got from her doctor (family physician).
Surah memorization:
Alhamdulillah RA finished surah Kawthar. We started with surah fatiha. But as it was taking long time I decided to teach her this smallest surah to encourage her. MashaAllah it helped and now she wants to learn another small surah. I explained the verses to her, not in depth. I just wanted to give her an idea that the verses she was memorizing do have meaning. These are not verses without meaning. I told her what the word ‘kawthar’ means-the most abundant good and also a river in Jannah. The water of this river will be whiter than the milk and sweeter than honey. People who will get the chance to drink from here won’t be thirsty again. I mentioned that it’s a gift for Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and also for the believers. It’s not for the people who do not obey Allah (swt). She asked me if the people who wear very short dresses would get kawthar. Smile! (You probably realized what type of conversation is going on recently in our house). We read the explanation from here. I liked the way they put it- the special features with bold letter and coloring pictures (only few pages are available to look inside the book). I emailed them and here was their response-the full length version of the mini tafseer book would be available online very soon!!!!
And finally we made our first lap book about human body. you can find it in detail here.
Masha Allaah great week and a whole heap of activities. So cute to see little R colouring well! Allaahu Baarik laha.
ReplyDeleteOh masha Allaah your Asmaaul Husna book looks great! We started pasting pics and ran short of ideas while progressing. So please share your ideas for this Insha Allaah!
I am so happy to see your R enjoying learning just like Maimoonah!