Saturday, August 6, 2011

Week 9: Math and literacy

For literacy the week was very unproductive. We usually go to the library at weekend. But in summer the library is closed on Saturday and is open only for four hours on Sunday. We couldn’t manage to go the library whole time.  Now I know how it felt like going many days without any books. There were no new books to keep RA busy. She kept asking me what she would do now and eventually did all sorts of messy works. You can see only one of them here. RA almost emptied the powder container and drew pictures with them.










RA learnt few words from distar program. I wrote down some sentences with them and RA could read them Alhamdulillah.


I bought some flash cards we are planning to use. Every time I go to Target shop I sneak a quick look at one dollar section to see if I get something for our home school. Last time I came back with lots of flash cards.  We don’t need many of them now. But I bought them also because sometime I feel it’s easier to buy things than print and cut so many papers.
Alhamdulillah RA can count and identify up to thirty. We have lots of milk and juice container lids that I collected since I started homeschooling. I cut numbers from calendar and glued them on lids. Here you can see RA was matching the lids with calendar's dates.





No comments:

Post a Comment