Saturday, August 6, 2011

Week 9:Remember Allah through our day

Alhamdulillah we have finished week nine of our curriculum. This was the longest week lessons because RA has been attending a summer program at the same time. Here is what we did at week nine. I wish I could do the lessons more organized way.
 We did our mini book first. As usual we got it from sis Umm An’Numan’s blog. RA cut the printed pages to make the book all by herself.










Later I gave it a better shape. RA already knew some of the duas from that book. We learnt three more duas.










we still have one more left-dua for wearing cloth. I am planning to do that later inshaAllah.
We printed this little ad'iya book from the same site. We practiced these duas many times. RA can repeat/tell most of them without my help Alhamdulillah.










We learnt all about dua from the following book. 











I got it from talibiddeen jr blog and I have been benefited from it also Alhamdulillah. Jazakhallahu khair sis for this organized material. RA didn’t understand all of it. I tried and am still trying to remind her some of the things from the book on different occasions. We learnt dua while raining is likely to be accepted, so we make dua when it rains and when we go to mosque we make dua after the azaan , etc.  Alhamdulillah it helps her to keep them in heart.
Here is our dua reminder chart, printed from the same site. it helped us to remember Allah (swt) throughout our day. Sometimes we said the duas but forgot to put a mark on the checklist.


We also talked about wudu and salaah this week. We learnt how to do wudu.  She was also learning it at summer camp.  I took her with me couple of times while I was making wudu. Alhamdulillah she knows now how to make wudu and she put this wudu sequencing cards in right order.











We watched this youtube video and a power point presentation on wudu. We also read the digital book "Waheeda the wudu wonder".
She knows how many times we pray a day and the names of five prayers Alhamdulillah. She is still learning the time for each prayer. We got the time table cards from this website.


She knows the names of different salaah positions and their order Alhamdulillah. 










We got the prayer wheel from a muslim child is born.
We read the book printed from the same site.



Arabic alphabet:
Arabic alphabets of week nine - saad and dhaad.


  I printed these Arabic alphabet cards from yemen link.We played with them after a long time.










Asmaul husnah:
We talked about four Asmaul husnah.

Dua of the week:
We learnt few duas from our minibook. We also learnt the etiquette and manners of washroom. We printed this book from this website.










 I physically took her to the washroom and acted out all the steps from dua for entering to dua for leaving washroom.

Surah memorization:
RA memorized surah Masad Alhamdulillah. I told her who Abu Lahab was and what he and his wife used to do to our Prophet (pbuh).  I read the Asbaab an Noojool to her from this mini mumin tafseer book.

Stories of Prophets:
We read the stories of Ibrahim and Ismail alayhissalam.










Alhamdulillah she knows now who made the Kaaba. We made a miniature version of Kaaba. 










RA helped me a lot with this project.










Two days later , it was she who figured out our kaaba was missing it's door. So here is the new look-


We got the idea from this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment