Monday, August 1, 2011

Ramadan Mubarak

Alhamdulillah the most blessed month is here. Ramadan Mubarak to all of you. As you can see our door hanger also says it. 


We got this beautiful door hanger from sis Umm An-Numan’s blog.. RNA tries to run off with it when he finds the door open. So our job is to get it from him carefully and hang it again . We don’t want any visitor to miss that. Along with the door hanger, we did some other activities so that RA understands that Ramadan is different from all other months and it is special indeed.
We made this tiny date box with a paper printed from Smart Ark.


 We stuffed it with some dates.We also put some candy in a plastic bag and tied it with ribbon.


 I wrote down the word Ramadan Mubarak and attached it to the bag. Then we went to wish a Muslim neighbor a happy Ramadan.










Here is our sadaqa box made from salt container and construction paper. 










We already started collecting coins. 



We are planning to give the money to the local mosque at the end of this month inshaAllah. RA is giving some final touches to it with crayons.


We set up Ramadan calendar. 










We got this calendar here. we will color the date and moon phase cards as we go forward inshaAllah. We used this website to see the moon phase and planning to do that every day inshaAllah.  Since there are only seven cards with that calendar, I printed this moon phase calendar from this website so that RA can see the everyday gradual change of the moon shape.


I got the following intention chart from Smart Ark website. I wrote down the things I intends to do with her inshaAllah.


We printed and cut all the materials for our Ramadan lap book.


We got all the materials from here and also from here. I don’t want to do the whole lap book in one day. I am planning to do little bit every day. So today we color Ramadan counting page. I tucked it on our board before putting it on our lap book.










So this is our Ramadan update so far Alhamdulillah. May Allah (swt) give us barakah in our time and let us spend our time in ibadaah.Ameen.

3 comments:

  1. Assalaamu Alaikum sis

    Masha Allaah great activities. That's pretty lot for so far, Alhamdulillaah. I love the door hanger. Very cute. Hope and pray you all have a great time this Ramadhaan with all these learning Insha Allaah. Keep us updated! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. MashaAllah, very nice start. Good to keep the little ones busy too during these days.
    Hope to see more activities inshaAllah.

    Btw, I just saw your posts about cherry/strawberry picking and trip to Niagara Falls. I just feel like we might be living close to each other
    : )
    We are also planning to take kids to Niagara Falls after Eid inshaAllah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assalamu alaykum
    Jazakallahu khair for your encouragement.
    I really wish that we are living close to each other. And it would be great to have some advice from an experienced homeschooling mom. I am completely new in this area. so I need to know sooooo many things.

    ReplyDelete