Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Updates on Ramadan activities

So many things to blog about at the same time, I am not sure where to start from. We had guest for last half of Ramadan and Eid, so I hardly got the chance for some blog update and also partly because of I didn’t want to spend time in blogging at the last part of Ramadan. So today I am going to update about our Ramadan activities. It is better to inform in advance that we could not accomplish everything in our Ramadan planning. So here are the things we did finish this Ramadan.
Sister umm Un-Numan’s Ramadan activity book was able to keep RA busy for some times. I printed only those pages which I felt might interest her. Here you can see some of them.











Alhamdulillah we managed to go all arts and crafts activities except the pillars of Islam.
Here is our prayer rug for Ramadan. RA happily agreed to share the smaller one with RNA.


 Alhamdulillah RA is sometimes eager to pray with me. She got some beautiful scarves as a gift. When we go to the mosque, she wants to wear one and takes rest of them with her in a packet as every new thing accompanies her wherever she goes for first few daysJ. Though she starts praying with us now, you won’t see her around us for long.
Probably you have already seen our Ramadan lap book. Rest of the activities we had done at the beginning of the month.
Alhamdulillah RA memorized the surah Qadr. I told her the meaning but I am not sure if she could get it. We also did one lesson from our curriculum. Details will be here soon inshaAllah.
We read some Ramadan related books. We got few books from our local library.


And to speak the truth, I didn’t like some of the contents from all the books. Some of them I escaped reading, and for some of them I told her that what they did were not proper in Islamic sense. In most of the book, the depiction of activities on Eid-day didn’t reflect what we have learnt during the whole month of Ramadan.
We also read these books. the the three Goodword series books were gifts from us on her last Eid. She usually loves those books.


Here is another thing I feel like I need to confess that I couldn’t meet my Ramadan goal either. I could not finish even one third of the Quran let alone the whole Quran. I should not plan for the whole book since I had to read the meaning side by side. But Alhamdulillah it gave me a realistic idea about my capabilities and also about the real situation.

1 comment:

  1. Assalaamu Alaikum!

    Masha Allaah nice to see RA doing all these in Ramadhaan.

    ReplyDelete