We were waiting for a suitable weekend for apple picking. At the end of September seemed perfect as the weather was fine, not too cold or windy. So we packed some food and headed to the farm. We chose this particular farm because they have a playground for the kids. It only took us few minutes to pick the apple. Then we spent most of our time on the playground. Here are some photos from our trip.
By the way a strange thing happened on our way home. We parked our car beside an open grass land for Asr prayer. Houses were pretty far from one another there, and we didn’t think it might be someone’s backyard (frontyard?). Hubby stood for prayer. I didn’t realize a man was calling from far apart (hubby told me later) because I was inside the car. When he went for second rakah, I saw a man coming riding on a huge tractor. He was shouting, “what’s wrong?” I got out of the car and told him that he was praying. He was like “what?” so I had to repeat and for the first time I saw there were actually more audiences. Three people were looking at us from the distant house. Hubby finished prayer and then waived his hands to them, they did the same. They kinda looked like relieved. I think this is the first time they saw someone praying in this manner (prostrating and bowing to the ground) and it was certainly strange to them. It was country side, far from busy cities, so we imagine that they might not know much about Muslim or should I say about our prayer.
No comments:
Post a Comment