Saturday, October 8, 2011

Week 10: what is the Quran

Here is the summary of week 10 which we did in Ramadan. We learned about the best book of this world. And what could be the best time to learn about the Quran than Ramadan?
We followed sister Umm An-Numan’s minibook on that. It is a very beautiful book for the little one to learn about the Quran. RA learned some facts about the Quran, such as the Quran was revealed in Arabic, Allah SWT sent the Angel Jibril to teach the Quran to Prophet, the Quran has 114 chapters, and also  Allah SWT promised to protect the Quran so nobody can change anything in it.










We read the manners for reading the Quran. This checklist helped her to review the manners.










I took a Quran and explained to her what a surah is, and also told her that some surahs are big and some are small.


 I showed her the suwar she has already memorized. She colored the surah and ayah number in the following memorization chart which we got from talibiddeenjr site. Alhamdulillah, she wanted to learn more surah so that she could color all of them.


We also learned about Basmalah. It was so related, I could not but print this mini book (should I say this was not actually minibook, I printed it in miniature size) from the same site. 




We reviewed part of what we have already learned.


After a long time she felt kinda interested in coloring. She colored the girl and I did the boy.



Asmaul husnah
We talked about two Asmaul Husnah. Adh Dhaahir and Al Baatin.










Dua of the week
We learned what we should say when something is lost and we are looking for it. Afterwards whenever I look for something, RA usually reminds me about that, Alhamdulillah. She knows we should ask Allah for our every problem. The other day I was trying to open a jammed closet door, and she asked me what  the dua for opening a closet door is.

Surah memorization:
Alhamdulillah RA has memorized surah Al Qadr.

Stories of the Prophets:
We read the following story of Yunus Alyhissalam. 


She was relieved to know that finally the fish threw him out of its mouth. One time I said by mistake that the fish ate the prophet, and she immediately did correct me, “no, it just swallowed him, it didn’t eat him”. We wanted to do a related activity so that it helped her to keep the story in mind. We came up with this fish cd rom craft.




1 comment:

  1. Masha Allaah very nice. Children are growing fast aren't they? Barakallaah Feekum

    ReplyDelete