Alhamdulillah this was our first lesson( we are doing week 13 now) after Eid. All we talked about that week was obeying parents and how important it is. Sis umm An Numan’s minibook made our lessons much easier.

We read the stories with questions and RA liked to provide the answers.

She matched the labels to the pictures.
She comprehended the whole book Alhamdulillah. Now she knows we should obey our parents, though we forget to act upon it sometimes. But at least she understands the difference between obeying and disobeying.

We read the stories with questions and RA liked to provide the answers.

She matched the labels to the pictures.
She comprehended the whole book Alhamdulillah. Now she knows we should obey our parents, though we forget to act upon it sometimes. But at least she understands the difference between obeying and disobeying.
I asked her if she could tell what abbu and ammu do for her. She told me things like cooking, reading books etc. We printed some pictures of things we usually do for her and pasted them on our minibook.
I told her to give thanks to abbu when he comes home from work because he does so many things for her. She immediately said, “thank you ammu, you also do lots of things for me and say thank you to me because I also do lots of things for you.”J
I told her to give thanks to abbu when he comes home from work because he does so many things for her. She immediately said, “thank you ammu, you also do lots of things for me and say thank you to me because I also do lots of things for you.”J
Yes indeed, if she is in good mood she wants to help me. So I thought why not encouraging her good works by the way she wants. I wanted to show her the ways she could help me and she was eager to follow. We got the chore chart from the art garden.
I modified some chores based on her age and our household. Believe me it worked so well Alhamdulillah and it is still working. Now she knows she can actually help me in lots of ways, and every now and then she wants to help me, of course when she is in the right mood. And she is getting tons of stickers as reward; more stickers for more chores and big stickers for great deeds.
If RNA was around us we had to share our stickers with him and you know what, he liked to stick them all over himself.
I also printed a family chore chart to show her that ammu and abbu also need to do so many chores every day.
On our way to the park that day, I asked her what we should say to Allah for giving us our parents. She replied almost instantly “Alhamdulillah”. Then she began a story that her imaginary friend cat did not have any parents. So it is very sad not to have one…
We made this family poster. We drew our hands on paper and cut and pasted them on a paper. She found the whole thing very interesting.
Since she didn’t get the chance to meet our extended family after she became one and a half year old and doesn’t probably know most of them, I thought it was a chance to talk about them as we are planning to visit them soon inshaAllah. Inspired by the following book, we made a family tree (though it does not look like a tree) poster. Now she knows how many uncles and aunts she has and what we call them in our language. We printed their name and put them inside the flap.

Arabic alphabets:
We learned four Arabic letters that week. And I thought we are done with Arabic alphabets. But I see she is sometimes confused with some of them. So we are planning to revise them until she is confident with each letter. She colored some letters on her Arabic book.
We pasted all letters on the wall with removable poster tape. They have already been removed so many times by RNA and we attached them again.
Asmaul Husna
We learned about Ash Shakoor.
We talked how Allah swt likes to appreciate all of our good deeds. We may forget sometimes to appreciate or say thanks to others but our Lord never forgets. Alhamdulillah she understood it very well.
Dua of the week:
RA memorized the dua for parents. “My Lord Bestow on them your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was young.”
Surah memorization:
Alhamdulillah RA has memorized surah An Nasr.
Stories of Prophets:
we read stories of Prophet Sulyman Alyhissalam. We know he could understand the language of animal. She likes the story of the ants when they got frightened seeing Sulyman’s army coming towards them. She colored a picture of an ant, and we cut and reshaped it to make a book.
Alhamdulillah RA has memorized surah An Nasr.
Stories of Prophets:
we read stories of Prophet Sulyman Alyhissalam. We know he could understand the language of animal. She likes the story of the ants when they got frightened seeing Sulyman’s army coming towards them. She colored a picture of an ant, and we cut and reshaped it to make a book.
We took some pages from the book what surah am i?





















No comments:
Post a Comment