In week six, all we talked about was tree, tree and tree. We read these books about tree.
I would tell that those are very good book for little learners.

As a part of our lesson plan, we went to a nature park close to our house. There happened to be a festival at that time and we spent most of our time there. On our way back home, we collected some leaves from different trees.
We placed the leaves between two pieces of newspaper and put some heavy books on top, so that the leaves become dry and flat and we can keep them for longer time. I lost the activity pictures, but here is the picture of pressed and flattend leaves.
We talked about different types of leaves and compared our collection of leaves with those of our lap book.
She learnt the names of different parts of a tree. We took a tree as our subject. We took a picture of that, she colored the bark and she took a leaf from that tree. All the activities we did from this book.
We also learnt that a seed needs air, water, and sunlight to grow into a tree. We printed this minibook from a website (I lost the link). RA colored it and she put the pages in sequence.
We searched the house for things made from trees.here are few of the many things we found.( RA did mention about furniture. I could not fit them in one picture)

We also planted a bean to see how it grows bigger and bigger.This is the first day as we took some red kidney bean for our sprouting bean project. I got that idea from this video.
I lost the pictures on different days while the tree was growing(I just have the small printed pictures we pasted in our lap book). I only have this picture left (I captured it at last day). Here I was telling RA to look at how this tiny seed had sprouted and now it beared many leaves.
I asked her if she could tell me who grows tree from a seed. She replied Allah. We then talked about the verse (surah waqiah:63) from the Quran.
She did this matching worksheet.
We also made a tree lap book. I didn't have any intention to make one for this week, but since we did some activities and coloring this week, I thought why not put all of them together so that we can see them time to time. And for me a lap book is a perfect way to keep lots of things under one small place.
Here is a different type of leaf.
What we get from a tree. I got the template here. I got the pictures from Google image, all pics are now gone with my crashed hard disk.

Different parts of tree and flower.
Images of our sprouting bean project.


How do plants grow?
An apple tree through the seasons of the years
plants: from seed to plant.

























Assalaamu Alaikum!
ReplyDeleteMasha Allaah that's a lot of hard work sis! I really love all of them. I am sure you all enjoyed this masha Allaah. Everything looks so neat and nice! Well done!
Waalaykum salam warahmatullah sis..
ReplyDeleteyou are right, we enjoyed all the activities Alhamdulillah. since all the activities were easy and fun RA enjoyed them more than i do. everyday she checked the bean to see how tall it became.:)