Saturday, June 18, 2011

Curriculum

I have been thinking about writing this section for a long time. If you read our old posts, you already know that we are following 'Islam is my life' curriculum outlined by sister Ummmaimoonah. You can get that curriculum here. I used that curriculum with some addition and/or substraction according to my daughter's ability. Here are the things we try to do every week-
following 'islam is my life' curriculum
learning Asmaul Husna
memorizing surah
reading Aqeeda book
learning about a Prophet a week
learning a dua and related manners
learning arabic alphabets
doing english reading lessons from the book "Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons".
reading library books
doing some math activites (we are not following any math book right now; we just print some math activites from internet and try to do it).
writing practice (we are progressing very slowly )
making lapbook (if we need one)
working on science projects related to the week's lesson
doing some worksheets on related topics or other concepts

Most of the things I mentioned above are already in the curriculum. I wrote down them separately for me to see what things I need to touch every week. Sometimes we cannot cover everything, and again most of the time we cannot finish a week's lesson in one week. We do our lessons the way RA wants it, so that she does not feel any pressure. She is not accustomed to any routine and I also don't want to put her in any rigid routine either. I think and hope that she will slowly catch up with the idea of routine inshaAllah.

2 comments:

  1. Bismillaah

    As Salaamu Alaikum

    Baraka'Allaahu'Feekum for this post. I find it really helpful when other Ummi's put how they are using a curriculum. I'm still new so this helps a whole lot. New to your blog- look forward to reading more post Inshaa'Allaah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa alaykum salam warahmatullah sis.
    Jazakallahu khair for visiting my blog. Alhamdulillah I am glad that the post helped you in any way. I am also new -new in homeschooling, new in blogging. So everything takes long time.:)

    ReplyDelete