It’s been a while I was away from blogging. My mind was not in a state to write anything. Few days ago one of my cousins passed away (inna lillahi wainna ilaihi raajiun) and it broke my heart. May Allah accept her as one of the foremost (in faith) people in Jannah and may Allah give patience to my Aunt and her family. Ameen.
Alhamdulillah we were done with our week 8 lessons long time ago. I usually write down all activities on a paper, so that I can put them on blog exactly the way we did all the activities. This time I didn’t do it. Right now I am just looking at the photos we took during that week and trying to give the story.
All we talked about in that week was food. We learnt about the food pyramid from these books. RA did some activities on this theme. We cut out some food pictures from flyers.
RA’s new interest is in cutting papers. She likes to cut until she gets tired. I know, I know it’s good for developing fine motor skill, but at the end of the day I am the only one cleaning all over house, collecting all the tiny pieces and throwing them in the trash. Anyway I let her cut the flyer, then finally I gave them a better look.
RA’s new interest is in cutting papers. She likes to cut until she gets tired. I know, I know it’s good for developing fine motor skill, but at the end of the day I am the only one cleaning all over house, collecting all the tiny pieces and throwing them in the trash. Anyway I let her cut the flyer, then finally I gave them a better look.
Don’t forget our little partner; he wanted to have something to do with it. So I gave him play dough scissor and here he is trying to figure out how to use it.
RA sorted the food according to the food groups. Alhmadulillah she did most of them on her own.
She also did the healthy and unhealthy food sorting.
If you zoom in the picture you can see she put the cereal in healthy group and colored cereal in unhealthy group. Our intention is to let not enter any artificially colored food into our house. But sometimes we miserably fail to act on it. But the good thing is RA knows at least it’s not good to spend on unhealthy things. Once she acknowledged that she wanted to buy something colored because she forgot its unhealthy and she would try to remember it next time inshaAllah. She is also good at spotting when other people eat colored (artificial) food.:) We put all food pieces into a zip lock bag for later use inshaAllah.
Next was a whole and half food matching game. you can get it here. RA did all except plum and nectarine.
She solved this puzzle. I printed this puzzle from sister Umm An-Nu'man's blog.
RA found it quite difficult to manage these puzzle pieces printed on card stock paper. Next time I am planning to glue them on a hard board paper inshaAllah.
We had a food picnic. We made one food from every food group.
The picnic didn’t last long because RNA tried to reach the food and put it into his mouth. If we put the food on lower place RNA could snatch it easily, again if we put them on higher place RA could not see it. Being exhausted in changing places finally we decided to get them back on their container before they got dry.
We explored the kitchen and learnt the names of things in the kitchen. I am glad that this activity was in the curriculum otherwise I wouldn’t do it. I was surprised to see that RA couldn’t name many things we use quite often like toaster and we took it for granted that she must know the name. she also helped me to clean the kitchen.
RA did this worksheet on food groups (put a cross on what didn’t belong to that group).

This is our week 8 minibook.
I should rather say my minibook. I had to do all the activities except one or two. You can get this book here. Jazakallahu khair to sis Umm An-Nu'man for providing our children with these beautiful books. If you visit her blog you will find that in addition to having books for this particular curriculum, she has plenty of other books too. It’s hard to hold yourself back from printing all of those for your kids.some pages from that book.


Arabic alphabets:
Week 8 arabic alphabets-seen and sheen.
Learining the dua.
Alhamdulillah RA has learnt what to say after eating.
We read and discussed etiquette of eating and drinking. We will revise that time to time inshaAllah.
Asmaul husnah:
We talked about Ar-Razzaq and Al-Bar.
We pasted some pictures under the names.
Surah memorization:
Alhamdulillah RA has learnt Ayatul kursi.
Stories of prophet:
We read about Prophet Hud Alyhissalam. Now RA knows that the people of Ad were destroyed by tornado. We watched a YouTube video on tornado. We read about tornado from this book.

We made tall tower with blocks, like the people of Ad used to have. before we had done anything with it RNA broke it down. RA said that he(RNA) was like a tornado.Lol. So we made some tall towers again.Then we pretended that a tornado came and destroyed everything. You can see the broken pieces here and there.
Its pancake time:
I was thinking about what we can make together that RA likes to eat and at the same time she can help me making it. Finally we decided to make pancake, it turns out that she likes to have it for breakfast.























No comments:
Post a Comment